Senior Back-end Engineer (node + typescript)
Cohabs is a fast-growing co-living startup with over 1,000 bedrooms in Brussels, New York, Paris, and Madrid. Our purpose is to shape a better tomorrow by improving the way we live today.
Started just over 5 years ago, we raised over 80M€ and are now increasing the team to support our growth. Join and help us rethink how people live together, by giving our community an environment designed to create memorable moments of life.
We are looking for a product-minded full-stack engineer with a strong focus on the back-end to drive the release of new features across our website, mobile app and internal back-office. Being among the first in the team, you are expected to have an impact from day one.
The ideal candidate is autonomous, driven, and highly excited by the project. We expect a high level of attention to details and implementation on the internal tooling, 3rd-party integrations and back-end APIs.
- Implement new projects and features (back-end) from concept to completion
- Troubleshoot and debug existing applications
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve our current applications
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Build and improve code across the entire stack. Quality is not a trade-off.
- Contribute to building our engineering team: participate in technical reviews, architecture, design systems
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong experience with Node.js, TypeScript and REST APIs
- Hands-on experience with React.js and Redux-Saga
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Some experience with CI/CD
- Previous experience at a fast-paced tech startup
- Full working proficiency in English
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
This is a fully remote position with frequent travel to the HQ, located in Brussels. We expect you to be based in Europe.