We are honu.ai, a venture backed startup, building the next generation platform to give small business owners superhuman decision making capabilities. We are currently in stealth mode and are backed by Europeâs top investors who are early backers of (TransferWise, Tide, Coinbase, CityMapper, Cazoo, Nested, Habito, Cleo, King, Snyk, etc.). We are a remote-first company, based out of London. The technology we are building is novel and we will be pushing the boundaries of what has been done in this space.
We are looking for a strong, product focused, growth mindset software engineer to join our core-team. If you are excited to join a VC-backed startup early on in the journey, and your profile matches what we are looking for, please do get in touch. Here is a non-exhaustive description of the tasks and responsibilities for this role:
- You will be working in small team, including the founder, to build the first MVP of the product.
- You will collaborate with the team to define the strategy and vision for how we will build effectively and be successful.
- Work with engineers across the company to build delightful features that span various parts of the system.
- Ensure our platforms are reliable, scalable, secure and extensible.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish. Ideally, experience at top tier SaaS startups/companies.
- Experience building Fintech products. e-Commerce and experience with small businesses is a huge plus!
- Must have 2+ years professional experience in Golang.
- Rust, Kotlin or Java, nice to have.
- Product focused.
- Experience with modern cloud tooling
- Nice to have technical experience in:
- Python, React, Typescript
- Data engineering
- Linux administration
- API integrations
- Experience with distributed systems
- Must have soft skills:
- Intellectual Humility
- Growth Mindset
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Good communicator
- Ways of working:
- You will believe in clean coding, simple solutions, automated testing and continuous deployment.
- comfortable with Remote/Async ways of working.
- Be a self-starter who is very comfortable building from scratch.
- Excellence: We constantly strive for excellence in what we do. We go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Get Things Done: We acknowledge obstacles but orient towards solutions. We have a getting things done attitude, with laser focus on efficiency, as a team and individuals.
- Open Communication: We communicate openly and respectfully about our opinions. Our conversations are constructive and all voices will be heard. However, when decisions are made, everyone commits to them.
- Team Player: We are there for each other. As individuals we are reliable, responsible, collaborative and supportive. We respect each otherâs time, we are punctual. We have got each others backs, and accept everyoneâs authentic self.
- High Integrity: We are honest with each other and with our partners, clients and collaborators.